Senior research associate in Oncology, Biodura
Please contact email@example.com if you are interested in being considered.
||Senior Director – Oncology
Senior Research Associate, Oncology
|The Senior Research Associate, Oncology is responsible for implementation of in vivo, in vitro or toxicology studies through animal handling in a vivarium or laboratory environment; including compound administration by multiple routes – dosing, tumor implanting and harvesting tissue and blood samples. Surgical and necropsy techniques are preferred for senior level candidates. .
- Accurately perform in vivo studies that include the following laboratory procedures: measuring tumors, dosing animals, blood sampling, inoculation, and tissue harvest.
- Tumor implanting, engrafting, cell line xenograft (mouse specifically)
- Perform minor surgical procedures as needed.
- Analyze, summarize and archive data in an accurate, timely and complete manner.
- Contribute to project process with scientific discipline through research.
- Work independently with moderate supervision.
- Have open communication, positive interpersonal and teamwork skills, and timely, accurate maintenance of written reports.
- Prepare technical reports, summaries, protocols and quantitative analyses.
- Have a full understanding of and the ability to apply established principles, theories and concepts in area of responsibility. Projects may require familiarity with current scientific literature together with the capability to select methods and techniques for obtaining solutions within generally defined practices and policies.
- Adherence to Quality System.
- Other duties as assigned.
|EDUCATION, KNOWLEDGE AND EXPERIENCE REQUIRED
- Requires BS in a scientific discipline or some college experience.
- Senior level – 3+ years of related laboratory experience.
- Solid experience in animal handling in a lab setting is required, including compound administration by multiple routes, harvesting tissue and blood samples. Surgical and necropsy techniques are preferred.
- Dosing – oral, subq, IP, IV. Drug administration through different routes.
- Pharmacology, toxicology experience a plus.
- Experience in cell culture techniques and general molecular and cell biology skills.
- Ability to calculate the molarity of solutions, perform dilutions and make solutions following protocols.
- Experience in drug development and an understanding of signal transduction pathways in oncology is a plus.
- Troubleshoot effectively and solve scientific problems with supervision.
- Must have ability or experience to read and understand relevant scientific literature.
- Willing and able to work under the pressure of deadlines and find solutions to meet timelines.
- Flexible team player, strong interpersonal skills.
- Comfortable using computers, including a working knowledge of Microsoft Office programs, e-mail, and internet.
- Willing and able to work within a Quality System with oversight by QA and other regulatory bodies. Experience working in a regulated environment a plus.
- Exceptional organizational and time-management skills.
- Ability to multi-task with a high degree of professionalism and diplomacy.
- Detail-oriented individual with above-average communication skills, both written and verbal