Guangzhou Wondfo Biotech — Head of R&D
Job Title: Head of R&D
Status: Regular Full Time
Department: Research & Development, Molecular Diagnostics Division
Location: Guangzhou, China
Guangzhou Wondfo Biotech is currently seeking an individual for the Head of R&D in Molecular Diagnostics Division. This individual will lead the organization to meet product roadmap objectives, mentor the R&D team with substantial scientific knowledge and technical expertise, as well as contribute to strategize on cross-disciplinary development plans. This individual will focus on key areas of responsibilities, including leading, coaching, and developing the R&D team including scientists, engineers, research associates and consultants, with varying professional background and experience.
- Direct the deployment of the R&D organization, develop and establish the team and operations, and lead projects to meet the key milestones.
- Oversee in vitro diagnostic (IVD) assay development and integration from concept to strategies and execution, under CFDA, and FDA regulations.
- Supervise and mentor the design, execution, and analysis of experiments, and troubleshoot issues that arise within project progress via experience, knowledge or available resources.
- Monitor and orchestrate the activities of team members to enhance performance and achieve completion of tasks.
- Cross-country and cross-disciplinary collaboration with R&D, quality, regulatory and commercial support.
- Foster professional, collaborative, and constructive relationships within the organization
- D in biochemistry, molecular biology, bioengineering, or a related field with at least 5-8 years of working experience in biotechnology, diagnostic or medical device industry.
- Previous experience in pre-market approval process in molecular diagnostics products in PCR-based technologies or in next-generation sequencing (NGS) applications, such as 510(k) and PMA is a plus.
- At least 5 years of previous project planning, management, business operations or related experience.
- Ability to mentor junior fellows and other team members and maintain a professional and constructive working relationship with colleagues.
- Excellent organizational skills to efficiently evaluate, prioritize and handle multiple progressive stages of changing projects.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced and collaborative multidisciplinary team.
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively both orally and in writing with colleagues throughout all levels of the organization in both English and Mandarin.
Wondfo strives to improve the quality of life and human health by developing and improving point of care in vitro diagnostic tests. At Wondfo USA’s R&D site, you will participate in designing and creating potentially life-saving devices for the healthcare market. As a crucial part of the team, you will be engaged in generating novel research ideas, executing milestone tasks, and strategizing, and developing these concepts into viable diagnostic products.